December 7, 2010

Highs in the lows

Over the last week it has gotten chilly here. We haven't had highs above the low 40s since last Friday. We even got snow on Saturday.

Mark it on your calendars. We got snow on December 4th. I don't think we've ever gotten snow this early in December, if any at all.

I like snow. A lot of people don't like snow. I think of it this way, if it's going to be cold then I want to see some snow. Otherwise, the cold is a waste of my time. I don't like being cold.

When Morgen is cold she tells me "I'm shakin."

We have a thick blanket in the car that I cover her with each time we get in. She stays all bundled up and sings along with the Christmas music. She tells me every day that she loves Christmas. I love that she loves Christmas. It's so magical feeling.

She sat on Santa's lap this year. She told him she wanted puzzles and coloring books. I have never seen her so excited to do something like that.

Her birthday is next Monday. She will be three. She is also very excited about that. She knows she is having a party on Saturday and that there will be cake. We try our very best to separate her birthday from Christmas. I always want her to feel like she has a special day of her own, outside of the holiday. I hope she always likes Christmas this much, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment