February 15, 2011

He loves me, he loves me not

I remember back when I was in elementary school, everyone passed out Valentine's Day cards, secretly, into little brown bags that we had decorated the week before. It was so much fun to see who gave you the cards with candy attached. Or how many of the same card you got in your bag.

Sometimes I wish Valentine's Day was still like that. Simple.

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day (note: we don't buy each other gifts), because we believe that everyday is a day of love. You don't need a card to say it. You don't need flowers to say it. You just need a heart. You can say it with words or say it with actions. No gift required. Everyday. Whenever the mood strikes you.



I order some earrings from Etsy a week ago and they arrived right on Valentine's Day. Perfect timing.

I hope you had a simple Valentine's Day, too. So full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment