November 9, 2010

Of pumpkins, turkey & cookies

I love the holidays. I love how my favorite three holidays are all smooshed together, too. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. All so much fun. I have always loved them. As far back as I can remember.

We celebrate Halloween. To a certain extent. We're not all about what it's all about, but we dress up, the kids dress up, we decorate with pumpkins, we carve pumpkins, and we even made cookies this year.

Who said cookie decorating is just a Christmas thing?

Next on the list is Thanksgiving. And I'm really excited for Thanksgiving this year. We're cooking our very own meal. In our very own house. Having people over and everything like that. What could be better? Well, sure, having someone else cook. But I love to cook, so it's no big deal to me.

Then in the blink of an eye, Christmas will be here.

Sparkly. Shiny. Christmas.

I love it so much. Watching the kids open their gifts. And just being together. As a family. That's what holidays are all about. Being with your family and the ones you love.

And I love that my family loves being together. I wish holidays like these lasted all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment