November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

Today is a wonderful day. We have been cooking all day to prepare for our supper tonight. We're having turkey, duck, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, homemade yeast rolls and pecan pie for dessert. We will be very miserable later, I'm sure. It will be a good miserable.

I give a lot of thanks today. I'm thankful for a family. One that loves me and is great to be around. I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for my house. I'm thankful for food to be able to prepare and place on my table in the company of others. I'm also very thankful for the health of my family and myself.

I got sad news today that my dad's house was broken into yesterday. A lot of things are missing and there was a lot of mess to clean up from what these people did. I am very thankful that both him and my stepmom are okay and that they weren't home when these people decided to target their house.

I am sad that this had to happen to my family, especially on the holidays.

As we walk through this life, we are not deserving of anything, for we are not perfect and we have faults. And yet somehow we are blessed with wonderful families, children, spouses, partners, friends, co-workers and so many others that come into our lives. We have so much to be thankful for, even through bad times or when things don't go just as we had planned. Life is a wonderful thing, and I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment