November 11, 2010

If you complain, remember to breathe

Personally, I think I complain a lot. Others have told me I don't, but when I do I try to make it a valid, justifiable complaint.

I don't complain "gosh, it's cold out here. Where did summer go?" and then have a full blown conversation about it. That's not how I complain. That's petty stuff. Stuff that can't be fixed. Or it could be fixed, if I'd just worn a jacket or something thicker. But, then it's my fault, and why should I complain about something I knowingly screwed up?

I normally complain about how stuff doesn't make sense. Like how talking behind someone's back doesn't make sense. Especially if you do it more than once. To their friend.

You know what I don't like about having a full time job? That it's a full time pity party to everyone. Everyone has a complaint. Meaningless, petty complains about stuff that either can't be fixed or they are too lazy to do something about.

Even myself sometimes. I will catch myself complaining about something and then, stop. Why am I here? What did I do to get here? And even sometimes, what can I do to get out of here?

I'm working on going back to school at the beginning of the year. I so very badly want to work in the health care industry. Even knowing that it might be going downhill. I want to be up and walking around all day, not stuck behind a desk. I want to see fresh faces every day, not the same ones. I have so many high hopes for a new job. A job that I know I need to work in order to stay on my feet.

You are probably wondering what is so complaint-y about this post. That wasn't my point. My point was to remember to breathe. Every day, every where, any time. Not everything is worth complaining about. Sometimes it's best to just sit in silence and keep your complaints to yourself. Only complain about what really matters. And then breathe, and move forward.

I need this. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment