November 16, 2010

And I thought

I have a plant on my desk. It looks like a little tree. With lots of brown stems and green little leaves. It is hanging on by a thread and has been for some time.

I'm contemplating just letting it die off. So I can plant something else. But I feel so sorry for that little tree. Trying to survive in this stale aired office. I haven't watered it in a while. I can't even remember when the last time was.

I feel like I do that a lot in my life. Just give up on something and try to start over fresh. I've done it with blogs, projects, friends. People have even accused me of doing it to relationships. Maybe I have. But, I always put forth 110% before I give up on something.

Not everything works out like you would hope it to. No matter how much effort you put into something. There comes a point in every persons life when you have to decide which is worth more effort; moving on or trying to try harder.

In my case, right this very moment, I'm trying to decide the life of a plant. It's not important. It's not life threatening. It's not even life changing.

But, it crossed my mind.

Life is made up of those, though. Little, thoughtless decisions that we make everyday. Not that all of them don't require thought, but most of them are just every day motions. Sometimes they aren't. Sometimes they are big, horrendous decisions that eat at you.

But, you do what's best. And I'm happy to say that I have never regretted a single decision. Big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment