November 12, 2010

Are you really what you eat?

Over the past year I have really struggled with self image. I have tried restricting my diet, I have tried counting out chips and weighing out chicken, and I have done a great deal towards getting active.

The one thing I really want though is to be healthy. I want to eat healthy, whole foods. But I have had a hard time doing that.

It is hard to determine what is healthy anymore. I have tried to do research, but I never end up finding what I had hoped. I am terrible with google. I feel like if you don't type in exactly what you hope to find then it will never be found. And I don't even know what I'm really looking for half the time.

I "like" a lot of pages on facebook. Some to do with music, some with health news and a few with natural pregnancy. The whole pregnancy thing has me fixated. I've had one child and I want more. How I have that next child has been greatly researched. That will have to be saved for another post, but my point with that is I found a pregnancy diet. And I want to follow it, to a certain extent, even though I'm not pregnant.

It is called The Brewer Diet and it deals with nutrition as a whole. That is exactly what I have been looking for. I found it without even looking for it.

I want to start at the beginning of the year. See how I adjust to it. Eat whole foods. Eat good foods. Not deprive myself. And this will be another notch in the belt of loving who I am. Maybe that little extra weight wouldn't be so bad if I knew I was eating better.

Maybe. Just maybe. It's worth giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment